Guided Segway Tour Along the Waterfront. Easy to Learn, Fun to Ride! Training, Small Groups
Tour Duration: 2 1/2 Hours Tour Operates Year Round
The first and only guided tours of the San Francisco waterfront on the world's first and only self-balancing electric transport mechanism, the Segway.
As the world's first and only self-balancing electric transport mechanism, the Segway Human Transporter has set a new standard for eco-friendly sightseeing fun! Experience for yourself why a Segway is the ideal way to tour the waterfront or climb the hills. Fun for individuals, families or groups!
After a 35 -45 minute training on how to safely operate the Segway, you'll explore the San Francisco waterfront with a fully narrated tour. Tours are limited to nine riders and ages 12 and up are welcome.
Our NEW i2 Segway Fleet Is Here! Come experience the new Segway i2 with Lean Steer Technology on all of our San Francisco Tours.
Attractions you'll see on your Segway tour:
Your narrated Waterfront Tour Route will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay while you visit:
- Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park.
- Fisherman's Wharf and its picturesque fishing harbors.
- Cable Car turnaround.
- Ghirardelli Square home of delicious chocolate!
- National Maritime Museum and the historic sailing ships at Hyde Street Pier
- Spectacular views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Fish Alley, Fisherman's Chapel, WWII Liberty Ship and Submarine Pampanito
- Visit behind the scenes where the fishing industry, fleet and seafood processing are located.
- See the Dungeness Crab Stands in Historic Fisherman's Wharf.
- Loop through North Beach San Francisco's Little Italy
Tours depart Daily
April through October: 9:00am, 12:30pm and 4:00pm.
November through March: 10:00am and 1:30pm. All tours start on time, so please arrive 15 minutes early. Tours are limited to nine riders and reservations are required.
Training takes 35-45 minutes, tour is two hours long (total: 2 1/2 hours.)
Tours are conducted in English.
- Ages 12 and up, guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (If you are concerned about mobility issues Please call us to discuss. We want every rider to have a safe tour.) Pregnant guests are not allowed on the tour.
- Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (45 to 113 kilos)
- Wear the helmet and safety vest that is provided with the tour.
- Sign a liability waiver.
- Complete the Segway rider training and test ride.
- Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike—it's intuitive but nobody is born knowing how to operate it. That's why the tour time includes 35-45 minutes of rider training so you can get comfortable on the Segway before we head out on the route.
The training session provides first-time riders with the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to safely operate the Segway. You'll be guided through a simulated obstacle course of cones, turns, and an emergency stop to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience.
Training includes:Hands-on training with an instructor, introductory video, test ride and skills review, rider courtesy instruction and review of the rules of the road.
Important:You do not have a confirmed reservation until you receive a confirmed e-ticket back from the tour operator. You must present your e-ticket or reservation number to ride this tour.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time to have adequate time to check in and start your tour and training on schedule. If you arrive late we will NOT let you join a tour group that has already started training. Safety and complete training for all of our guests is our 1st priority.
Tour operators and GuideYou assume no responsibility for delays caused by weather, breakdowns, traffic, accidents, parades or other conditions beyond control. Tour itinerary subject to change, some sights listed may be omitted due to conditions beyond the tour operators control. Omission of sights or attractions shall not constitute refund.
|Adult||$70||$65||$5||Ages 12 and up over 100 lbs.|
Start your order
Select a date & tour time
Select your tickets for
NOTES ABOUT THIS TOUR
- Tour prices do not include Meals, beverages, admission fees or souvenirs.
- Casual dress and comfortable closed toe shoes. No high heels or flip flops. San Francisco tends to be foggy in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Wear layered clothing.We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Summer afternoons can be in the 50's. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days.
- We reserve the right to change the size of the tour to meet requests for that specific day. San Francisco is famous for the fog! Our tours run fog, light rain or shine. Segways R are designed to run in any weather. If seasonal fog obscures the view, tour routes may be altered. You will not be charged if we cancel a tour.
- 2 1/2 Hours Tour Operates Year Round
- HOVER HERE for Cancellation Policy.