Muir Woods Giant Redwoods + Sausalito & Golden Gate Tour - 24 Hour Hop-On-Hop Off Pass
Tour Duration: Departures from San Francisco direct at 9:00am or from Sausalito at 12:00pm, 1:30pm and 3:00pm
Spend the most time on your own in Muir Woods! This tour package includes the Muir Woods Hop-On Hop-Off Shuttle and the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Hop-On Hop-Off Tour. This exclusive 24-hour pass allows for unlimited use. Spend one full day in Muir Woods and the next at the Golden Gate Bridge & Sausalito or combine the tours as you choose.
Travel Advisory for Muir Woods: Highway 1 from Panoramic Hwy to Muir Beach is closed. Vehicles on Muir Woods Rd may not exceed 17 feet in length or 96 inches in width. We are working with the tour operator and hope to be able to offer this tour in mid May 2017.
MUIR WOODS SHUTTLE
- Leave on the 9:00AM Express to Muir Woods or take the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Hop-On Hop-Off Tour from Fisherman's Wharf (leaving every hour 10am-5pm) and transfer once in Sausalito and take the Muir Woods shuttle at 12:00pm, 1:30pm and 3:00pm. Last bus departs Muir Woods at 4:30pm.
- After crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, into the picturesque coastal town of Sausalito, you’ll be on your way to the famous giant redwoods trees of Muir Woods. The open-top/covered bus winds scenic Highway 1 past Mt Tamalpais and through the hills and forests of Marin County.
- Once inside Muir Woods National Monument (park entrance fee $10 per person is not included in tour price.), experience the breath taking size and beauty of California’s 1000-year old coast redwood trees. Travelers often tell us that Muir Woods was the highlight of their vacation but they wish they’d had more time! With the Muir Woods Shuttle you’ll spend as much time as you like, at your own pace, in the park! Pack a lunch or purchase food from the café, with a full day to explore Muir Woods you’ll have time to hike the parks most scenic trails. There are paved paths for beginners and intermediate to advanced trails for experienced hikers. The marked trails take you deep in the woods where you’ll have more privacy, see lush vegetation, rolling creeks and possibly spot birds, deer and other wild inhabitants.
- Hop on the bus back to Sausalito whenever you're ready, departures are at 11:00am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm. 3:30pm & 4:30pm. The vehicle leaves from Sausalito to San Francisco - last bus departs Sausalito at 4:30pm. For the ultimate experience take a ferry ride from Sausalito back to San Francisco (additional fee), the ferry brings you back to Fisherman's Wharf.
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE TO SAUSALITO
- Open-Top Trip Across the Golden Gate Bridge: With the wind in your hair, Alcatraz to the right and the Pacific Ocean to the left, this is one of the most exciting ways to travel across the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge! There’s a stop at Vista Point for some of the best photos of the Golden Gate Bridge and City skyine. Hop off or stay on the bus if you have you ever wondered what’s on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Sausalito: From the Golden Gate Bridge this tour travels into the picturesque coastal town of Sausalito. Spend the afternoon browsing the quaint shops and galleries, sipping cappuccino at an outdoor café or just exploring the waterfront where you’ll capture some of your best photos of San Francisco – the City by the Bay. When your through you can hop a ferry back to San Francisco (fare not included), catch the Muir Woods tour or just wait for the next bus back to San Francisco.
- Presidio National Park: If you return from Sausalito on the bus it’s back across the Golden Gate Bridge, into the Presidio National Park (a former military base and now home to the LucasFilm Letterman Complex) and peek at the mansions of Pacific Heights, San Francisco’s priciest real estate.
- The departs from and returns to Fisherman’s Wharf
- Daily: Departs every hour during the summer; return to San Francisco every 60 minutes on the hour - last bus departs Sausalito at 4:30pm. This tour lasts approximately 90 minutes. Stay on the bus and the full our takes 90 minutes or hop on – hop off for exploring on your own.
Tour operators and GuideYou assume no responsibility for delays caused by weather, breakdowns, traffic, accidents, parades or other conditions beyond control. Times stated are approximate - always confirm times with your tour operator. Tour itinerary subject to change, some sights listed may be omitted due to conditions beyond the tour operators control. Omission of sights or attractions shall not constitute refund.
Tour times subject to change without notice; confirm tour times with tour operator.
Start your order
Select a date & tour time
Select your tickets for
Click this link for our #1 Muir Woods Tour
All eticket vouchers MUST be redeemed at the convenient Fisherman’s Wharf terminal location.
NOTES ABOUT THIS TOUR
- Muir Woods entrance fees, meals, gratuity, ferry tickets are not included.
- Departures from San Francisco direct at 9:00am or from Sausalito at 12:00pm, 1:30pm and 3:00pm
- HOVER HERE for Cancellation Policy.