The Only Half-Day Wine Tour from San Francisco!
Tour Duration: 6 hours
- Half day duration, for those a little short on time
- Tastings* and tours of California’s finest wineries
- Friendly helpful guides and hosts
- Great for first-time tasters
- Excellent views of the beautiful Sonoma Countryside
- The wine country tour is a pleasure for anyone who enjoys a good glass of wine.
The only half day wine tour in San Francisco, departs from Fisherman's Wharf at mid-day and heads through:
- Marina district -- This neighborhood sits on the site of the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, staged after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake to celebrate the reemergence of the city. The grounds for this world's fair were created from a former lagoon on landfill. Aside from the Palace of Fine Arts, all other buildings were demolished to make a residential neighborhood.
- The Presidio-- is a park on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula operated by the National Park Service of the United States as a part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The park is characterized by many wooded areas, hills, and scenic vistas overlooking the San Francisco Bay.
- Golden Gate Bridge- Stopping at the Vista Point for photos- a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean. As part of both US Highway 101 and State Route 1, it connects the city of San Francisco on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County. The Golden Gate Bridge had the longest suspension bridge span in the world when it was completed in 1937 and has become an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco and California. IMPORTANT: To keep the tour on schedule, the driver may be unable to stop at Vista Point for photos when traffic is heavy.
Then it's on to the Wine Country:
The Sonoma Valley lies 30 miles north of San Francisco and make up North America's premium wine making region. Be sure to take in the scenery in Marin County, as you enter the wine country in the southern region of Carneros, just south of Sonoma.
Included on the tour are visits to 2-3 wineries* in beautiful Sonoma including a mass production winery and a smaller boutique winery.
The ride through Sausalito, Marin County, and up to beautiful Sonoma is stunning. Once there, enjoy award winning wines and world-class scenery. Visit specially selected wineries and admire the rolling vineyards as you discover the charm and sophistication of downtown Sonoma and the surrounding countryside.
This fun and informative tour not only offers a taste of superb wineries in the region, but it offers a chance to enjoy the splendor of the beautiful vineyards and picturesque Sonoma County as your comfortable motorcoach escorts you from place to place.
On your tour you may visit the following 2-3 wineries*:
Jacuzzi Winery features italian style wines and olive oil tastings.
Cline Cellars Winery is a family owned and operated winery that specializes in Zinfandles & Rhone-style wines.
Homewood Winery is a hand-crafted minimalist winery in the Sonoma Valley
Larson Family Winery is a family friendly winery located in the heart of the Carneros region of Sonoma.
Viansa Winery & Marketplace combines traditions from the old world with styles from the new and enjoy stunning views of the Sonoma Valley.
Schug Carneros Estate Winery is a European family winery specializing in world class Pinot Noir & Chardonnay.
Roche Winery is family-run boutique winery with a down-to-earth Irish Hospitality.
Keating Wines is an ultra-premium boutique winery specializing in Bordeaux varieties & Zinfandel wines.
Madonna Estates wines are created from 100% organically grown grapes which are dry farmed on the estate vineyard.
Napa Cellars wines put a modern spin on classic California wines.
*NOTE: *Tastings at 2 wineries are included. Where tasting fees are charged, the price is typically $5 for a standard tasting - $10 for special tastings. Tastings can be shared.Wineries, tastings and activities are subject to change/substitution due to holidays, special events and circumstances beyond our control
The return time for this tour is approximately 6:00pm depending upon traffic.
Advanced reservations required for SF hotel pick up: Market St., Union Square & Lombard hotels. Return shuttle to Union Square only.
Start your order
Select a date & tour time
Select your tickets for
Hotel Pick Up: For hotel pick-up, please book 2 hours prior to tour departure time. Return: Courtsey shuttle to Union Square
E-TICKET: Within 24 hours (typically less) you will receive your confirmation number/eticket from the tour operator. Your credit card is NOT charged and your tour is NOT confirmed until a confirmation number has been issued by the tour operator.
SAME DAY BOOKINGS: Your tour operator's phone number will appear on the final screen; you MUST call the tour operator to confirm your reservation (please allow 30 minutes for the vendor to process your order).
You will need to print your eticket for this tour. If you do not receive your eticket within 24 hours be sure to check your junk mail/spam folder.
NOTES ABOUT THIS TOUR
- Tastings at 2 wineries are included. Where tasting fees are charged, the price range is $5-$10 per taste. Tastings can be shared.
- Dress code: please refer to the FAQ section for general information.
- 6 hours
- HOVER HERE for Cancellation Policy.