- What information we collect from and about you when you visit our websites or applications and use our products and services
- How we use and share the information we collect
- How you can access, correct and request that we delete the information we maintain about you
- The choices we offer you in how we use and disclose your information, and how to exercise those choices
- How we endeavor to safeguard the information
- How you can ask questions about our privacy practices and seek resolution of your concerns regarding our handling of your personal information.
III. Information We Share
IV. Your Choices
I. Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about consumers from various sources, such as:
- Guide Publishing websites and mobile applications
- Businesses that obtain our products and services for use by their customers, members or employees
- Social networks through which consumers may access our sites or communicate with us
- Surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, service providers, business partners and other third parties
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address and phone number)
- Contact information of individuals whom you would like us to contact, on whose behalf you request transactions, or who are your emergency contacts
- Information provided to us by businesses that obtain Guide Publishing products and services for use by their employees, members or customers
- Information provided to us by social networking or other sites through which you may access our products and services
- Government-issued identification information
- Travel information, including hotel information
- Travel and dining preferences
- Usernames and passwords for accounts you may establish on our websites and applications
- Payment and financial details (including credit and debit card numbers and billing address)
- Shipping details
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of your purchases and other transactions on our websites and applications
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit Guide Publishing websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, its operating system type and web browser)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites, including whether you visited the websites directly or were referred from another website or link
- Dates, times and duration of visits to our sites (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor)
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns, the pages, links, banners, icons and other parts of the websites on which you click or which you access during your visit)
- Search terms that visitors use to reach Guide Publishing websites
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
Special Categories of Information
Some of the information you may choose to provide in connection with using Guide Publishing products and services may be deemed "sensitive" in the country in which you are located. For example, details regarding your air travel meal preferences or wheel chair requirements may be deemed sensitive in the European Union. Your provision of sensitive personal information about you to us is always voluntary. Guide Publishing does not require you to provide sensitive information as a condition of obtaining our products or services. We use and disclose sensitive information only to provide the products and services you request and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you on our websites and applications and manage and maintain your accounts on the sites and applications
- Provide products or services you request, such as tours
- Understand your needs and interests and tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, products and services
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media, including portions of the websites and applications where you can provide reviews
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the transactions visitors conduct on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
a. Business-Related Disclosures
We may share the information we collect with:
- Our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies
- Other users who, either based on your decision to allow it, have been delegated or granted authority to obtain our products or services on your behalf
- Providers whose products and services you may obtain on our sites (such as tour operators, airlines, restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, car rental agencies, car and taxi services and other merchants)
- Our business and joint marketing partners, service providers who perform services on our behalf, and other third parties
b. Required Disclosures
In certain circumstances, we also may disclose information about you without obtaining your consent or offering you an opportunity to opt out. We may do so (i) if we are required to do so or believe to be required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent or defend against misuse of Guide Publishing services, violation of our intellectual property rights, breach of any of your or our business customers' obligations to Guide Publishing, physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. Here are the choices we offer.
a. Use of Guide Publishing Products and Services
Many of the Guide Publishing products and services are designed to facilitate and enhance consumers' ability to interact with tour operators and other third parties and obtain products and services from such third parties. This business model requires Guide Publishing to share information about you with various providers (such as tour providers, airlines, hotels, restaurants, car services and reservation aggregators) and other third parties. These third parties are not our service providers or agents; they may process the personal information we provide to them in accordance with their own privacy practices and privacy notices. You may choose not to provide your personal information to Guide Publishing or such third parties by refraining from using our products or services. To deactivate your account, you may email us at [email protected].
b. Marketing Emails
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our site’s features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
When California customers provide personal information to us, they have the right to request certain disclosures if we share personal information with affiliates or third parties for the affiliates’ or third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California customer, once per calendar year you may request that we provide a list of companies with which we share personal information for the affiliates’ or third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and a list of the categories of personal information that we share. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
e. Disclosures to Third Parties
To update your privacy preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information by logging into the online account you may establish on our websites.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain additional rights to request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
We may also provide social media features on our websites and applications that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Guide Publishing on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to help you understand those sites' privacy practices.
VII. Data Transfers
VIII. How We Endeavor to Protect Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts designed to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. To help safeguard personal information against loss and unauthorized access, we employ many different security techniques.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
IX. Data Retention
X. Children's Privacy
Guide Publishing does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and does not target its websites to children under 13. If we learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests.
505 Beach Street, Suite 126
San Francisco, CA 94133